Rebecca Black - The Movie Rebecca Black - The Movie

Don't Watch at Night

I watched this around 2am during a storm... Did not help at all. Easily one of the most creative takes on Friday so far. I just love the The Ring/Silent Hill vibe the whole video gives off, it's pretty chilling. I'd actually really like to see this fleshed out as a feature. This feels just too short when you've got so much to work with in such a creepy atmosphere.

Cookie Jar Gone Wrong Cookie Jar Gone Wrong

Fantastic

I was a huge fan of the original audio clip and to see it actually animated just made it even funnier. Great job to the both of you.

Awesome Reach Awesome Reach

Up and Down

Straight off to give credit where it's due, your animating skills have improved through the Awesome series and have gone from intentionally sketchy caricatures to a more honed distinctive style.

Now, seriously, what was this? Something like Halo, with enough mockable material at hand, should have wound up being better than this. I get that this was more aiming to lampoon the fanbase, and hype culture in general rather than the game, but even that was pretty weak. I though the psyche up was just a lead in, but once the random shapes and stupid noises ended it was over. The problem there is that a fanbase being psyched isn't specific to Halo, it can relate to almost any popular new release whether its Uncharted, GOW, Dead Space, etc. I know Reach is subjective because its new and Halo fans can straight out be scary, but it didn't really go anywhere. Just adding something simple like the disk breaking by accident before being able to play, or the wrong game disk being the box would have at least given some structure. Hell, even the dated red circle of doom appearing could have capped it easily enough.

I'm really not sure if you just flat out couldn't be bothered with this one, the fact you didn't play the game more or less says that. I haven't played it either, but Halo is a pretty generic franchise that is pretty easy to parody, and you could have done something a lot better. Instead there's this, and it's just meh. Ironically this'll probably be hated by the Egofans who will be just as hyped over this as your Halofans here. Who knows, maybe that was your real parody here?

RedHand RedHand

Great Fun

Wow. After seeing the line up of voice talent that you had for this I'm honoured you head hunted me to play Connors. Proud to have been on board and I'll be looking forward to the next part.

Shayphis responds:

Thank you, happy to have you as a part of this :)

Fallen Angel Ep. 1 (Pt3) Fallen Angel Ep. 1 (Pt3)

Where to Begin?

After the release of what was one of the biggest teasers back in 2004, it's great to finally see the first episode finally surface after over four years of work and all the hard work, set-backs and re-writes that went into it.

To start with what is obviously Fallen Angels strongest point, the artwork is flat out amazing. The backgrounds are nothing short of spectacular, and you've really created a realistic looking world. The integration of 3D elements mixed with 2D animation is seamless and incredibly well done. The level of detail that is put into the environments is simply amazing, really only rivalled by Adam Phillip's Brackenwood animations. Specifically, I have to say that the scenes where New York and Washington were destroyed are outstanding. The explosions and the destruction of the cities were drawn and implemented incredibly realistically. The architecture behaved as architecture would, and the level of realism and plausibility that these scenes emulate I think really defines the level that this series is on.

It is interesting that the art style has changed between the release of the Teaser and the first episode, and I've noticed a lot of other people are commenting on it as well. The original anime-inspired style has been dropped for a more realistic western comic book feel, which I think was a good design choice given the serious nature of the animation. It made it seem less action-cartoon if that makes sense. It does make Serra appear slightly less feminine, but that's only down to a personal design preference and both do the job perfectly well. I think what most people are thrown by is not that it's any worse or better drawn, but that the design is just different from four years ago. What did bug me though is that Serra's animation is a bit inconsistent throughout the episode. In the occasional scene (For example, entering the shop in Part 1) the animation is a bit choppy and stands out against the rest of the episode, but it's really only a minor aspect.

What did disappoint me, and what I believe was the weakest aspect of this three-parter, was that very little of the story was revealed. You could understand from the teaser that we were obviously going to be dealing with some form of post-apocalyptic dystopian world, but we only got a small amount of backstory as to how this world came to be. No characters were explored, and only one was introduced. It is important in every story for the audience to be able to sympathise with the protagonist, but Serra could really just be another civilian. We know she is the main character, but we don't know anything about her, what here plans are, and why she's incredibly proficient in using firearms (As seen in the teaser). Episode 1 may have served as a setting for the rest of the series, but I hope you use more character development in later instalments, because the setting won't be able to carry the story on its own.

The use of sound effects and music is also very well done. It really creates an eerie feel as radio stations fail and cell coverage stops, as all technology is rendered useless in only a few minutes. It must have taken a long time to edit the sound to perfection. The voice acting was a bit inconsistent. The majority of Serra's dialogue was far too quiet and sounded distorted and distant, as if one too many background noise removals had been used, which gave the dialogue that metallic twang. It is only a technical issue, and re-recording with a better mic would easily fix it. The rest of the voice acting throughout the three parts was perfectly fine.

Overall this is a very solid first episode. Incredibly well drawn and animated with only a few minor details which don't derail the viewing experience as a whole much at all. You've created something you can be very proud of and the hard work of those four years really shows. My only hope is that this series can live up to the enormous potential it has and is really fleshed out in terms of story and character in upcoming instalments. I wish you all the best.

Jerry and The Closet Jerry and The Closet

Don't Go In!

Well let's see. A Stephen King novel, an over-embellished closet of scary mystery on the far side of an empty room, death, no night-light, darkness, a locked door from the outside and a door that's obviously having some kind of draft issue....

Nah, I don't think there's anything there that would scare a five year old, they'd be set for a good night's sleep. A very nice, well not nice in the lovey-dovey sense but you get what I mean, animation, again fitted with the dark humour you do so well. Excellent job.

Oh and by the way, that final line was priceless. Great timing. Poor Jerry.

"A Slice of the Action" "A Slice of the Action"

Sets a Bar

I had a friend mention this to me, and I honestly had no idea what to expect, but lets say it far exceeded any expectations I may have had.

The art and animation here is utterly superb, and a cut above a lot of other really popular artists on the site. The style of the art is nice and simple as well, making it easier to watch instead of being too polished and visually intensive. I can imagine it would have taken a while to animate all the frame-by-frame movements, and it really shows in Michael's constant actions to his words.The voice acting of Michael was completely spot on as well and fitted the character perfectly.

Even the story, simple as it was, was enjoyable and had a completely unexpected twist at the end. I'm not sure what Michael was hoping to achieve with that plan, but if the Thimples didn't like too much before then, I'm fairly confident they'd flat out hate him now.

The Sicksons The Sicksons

I Don't Know...

I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did. Sod the technical points, I had a good laugh out of it. Nice job.

FF6 Opera-Pella Fun FF6 Opera-Pella Fun

Brilliant

Haha. In all it's simplicity I really enjoyed this. I have to applaud you on the originality and hilarious facial expressions. Top job on the lip sync, it fitted really well.
I'm really curious now to know if you recorded this all in one take.

There She Is!! step3 There She Is!! step3

It Took A While...

Yes, it took a while. But Boy was it worth it.

Each step of the 'There She Is' series has show some amazing animation and art style, and your improvement over the years. Step 3, I'm happy to say was no exception. What I like most about the TSI series is the wonderful charm each episode has. Every time it brings a smile to my face, so good job.

And for those of you who haven't found it. On the title screen there is an Raster Egg if you click on the rightmost cloud, near the top right hand corner. You get to view an alternate opening.